RC Hover-board with Automated Parking and Wireless Charging by Waseem Amjad Sheikh and
- Shayan Ul Haque
- Ayesha Umber
- Shahrose Zahid Yazdani
Sir M. Atif
Ma’am Maryam Ali
As our Final Year Project, we have come up with RC Hover Board, it’s sufficient hovering makes it no less than a twin copter now.
Our project has three main modules to be focused upon:
- A hand-held RC device to operate the hover board.
- Automated parking via track towards its parking hanger.
- Wireless Charging.
- Economical means of transportation.
- Frictionless traveling.
- Automated parking via following a track.
- Wireless charging.
- RC controlling of the on board motors.
- Green energy (environment friendly).
- Removal of physical wires to some extend.
- To develop a moving Hover-Board using Brushless DC Motors.
Theoretical Background and Literature Review
Design of Hover Board:
A Hover board (or hover board) is a fictional hovering board used for personal transportation in the films Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III and Spider Man III. Hover boards resemble a skateboard without wheels. Through special effects the film-makers depicted the boards hovering above the ground .
Hovercrafts, in some form or another, have been possible for decades. In 1997, to demonstrate how simple the project could be, research engineer William J. Beaty posted detailed, step-by-step instructions showing how easy it is for just about anyone to build an “ultra-simple hovercraft,” using common items, tools, and hardware.
Our Design of the Hover-Board
Up till now, non of the conveyance like hover-board has been invented. Two related inventions are;
- Hover Boat.
- Hover board (magnetic levitation). It does not move but stand stationary in air with little uplift.
A kind of drone we have made as our FYP has also taken the shape of hover board. It hovers enough with the weight lift of about 1kg. The new idea in this is, we have used propellers instead of magnetic levitation principle to make it fly.
- Size of the propeller is: 10x8inch.
- Number of propeller : 2.
- Each propeller is mounted on Brush less DC motor.
- BLDC is controlled by the ESCs.
For the turning of hover board servo motors are used:
The servo motor is a high class geared DC motor fitted with an electronic circuit with an in built feedback system.
Turning of the Hover Board to left and right while it is hovering is made possible with the servos mounted on the hinges of the hover board grasping the DC motors on which propellers are fixed. Servo is coded such that it gives 15o left rotation and 15o right, thereby, turning board left and right. The default central position of servo is at either 90o or 0o making a range from 00 to 180o or from -90o to 90o respectively. For our requirement, servo is positioned for central position at 0o maintaining the PWM width to 1.5ms and duty cycle to be 7.5% so that it gives rotation sideways.
- The gadget made is totally radio controlled. Radio controls are of two types, IR control and RF control. IR remote control pulsates infrared light to an appliance and need a clear line of sight towards its receiving object while RF remote controls use radio frequencies for their operation.
- Practically, the major difference between these two is range. Infrared rays do not penetrate through an opaque object, it needs to have no obstacle on its way to the IR receiver present in the receiving object.
Best can be taken out of this gadget in future. As this can be developed for the following advancements:
- Real Time Imaging
- Mine detection
- Carriage in industry and at a larger scale for personal conveyance
- Special built device can also be used to analyze active volcanos